Today we introduced P2P Audience Sharing, giving mParticle customers even more control over their data and access to new sources of data without the need for complex, one-off integrations.
The practice of audience sharing has been around since the early days of direct marketing, but it’s been next-to-impossible to operationalize in the mobile-era, until now. With mParticle, brands can now easily share lists of mobile audience members in a secure and privacy-safe manner.
Data owners can build an audience for sharing just as they would any other audience, using our Audience Builder. Once they have opted to share it, the receiving brand simply confirms its acceptance and then, voila, the receiving brand can instantly activate it across their marketing and advertising platforms.
Here are a couple of ways brands and media companies can get started with this new capability:
Brands can use Audience Sharing to create interconnected experiences and improve customer satisfaction for mobile end users. Some of the possibilities include:
- A product manufacturer and a retailer partnering to get better insights on their mutual customers in order to provide more personalized recommendations;
- An online travel provider partnering with a restaurant reservation app to provide dynamic dining suggestions for customers a few days prior to their visiting a certain city destination;
- A concert promoter sharing information on known fans of a certain artist with an online ticketing company to drive ticket sales for that artist’s summer tour;
For Publishers and Media Companies
In addition to helping brands create interconnected experiences, Audience Sharing allows publishers to provide “custom audience” solution for their advertisers. With the ability to identify a brand’s mobile audiences on their own properties via the mParticle platform, publishers can partner more deeply and strategically with mobile-focused brands, and command a premium in the marketplace for doing so.
Here are some examples of how publishers can use Audience Sharing:
- A news app can match its audience with an airline’s frequent flyers to deliver personalized ads to those users about upcoming travel deals;
- A mobile game developer can match its users with frequent shoppers of a particular retailer brand, enabling that retailer to offer special promotions to gamers who reach a specific level;
- An auto review app can generate new revenue opportunities by making their “luxury auto intenders” audience available to luxury car brands independent of a media commitment;
Best of all, the shared audiences remain in sync, in real-time. So, when a user converts, they are immediately removed from the segment on all platforms, eliminating media waste and end user annoyance.
Audience Sharing continues mParticle’s mission of empowering forward-thinking brands with full control over their data and eliminating barriers to connectivity.
We started with “first-party” mobile data, because that was the hardest and biggest gap in the market, before expanding into web and other data types, as well as adding “third-party” data connections. By adding “second-party” data sharing capabilities, we are taking yet another step to help brands connect and coordinate their entire marketing stacks.
If you’d like to try out Audience Sharing, or simply learn more about it, please contact us using the form below.