Create personalized customer experiences at scale with Cordial and mParticle
With the new Cordial integration, marketers can create tailored customer experiences across email, web, mobile push, SMS, and direct mail that can adapt based on changing behavior or business needs for better engagement, deeper customer loyalty, and a greater return on marketing ROI.
Creating meaningful brand interactions requires an understanding of individual customers’ previous engagements, activities, preferences, and needs throughout their entire journey. Without access to real-time, granular customer data to fuel campaigns, marketing teams often resort to sending generic messages in hope of reaching the right person at the right time. This approach leads to wasted opportunities and less-than-stellar customer experiences.
Using mParticle and Cordial, marketers can access a unified view of their customers to personalize promotional, triggered, transactional, and lifecycle messages across email, web, mobile push, SMS, and direct mail. This approach yields more relevant brand interactions, at scale, that create lifelong customer connections.
mParticle collects event and user attribute data as customers interact with your brand. From there, this data is aggregated into individual, persistent customer profiles that are used to create audiences, which are then automatically synced to Cordial to create targeted campaigns, automate triggered messages, and even localize content into your customers’ preferred language.
Through the latest mParticle integration with Cordial, marketers can deliver greater impact with customers in just a few clicks, resulting in boosted engagement rates, ROI, and an enhanced customer experience.
Benefits for marketers
With this integration in place, marketers can easily benefit from the following sampling of use cases:
- Build dynamic targeted audiences.
Increase message relevancy through dynamically updated audiences which reflect each individual’s most recent interactions with your brand.
- Stitch together online and offline profile data.
Create unique message content for each contact using everything known about them to deliver 1:1 personalization at scale.
- Cross-channel message orchestration.
Craft messaging to reach individuals across multiple channels—for example, automatically sending an SMS after no engagement in email or message each person based on their engagement frequency within each channel.
- Multiple real-time data inputs to trigger messages.
Activate triggered messages based on multiple data points—for example, using real-time device and location data to deliver mobile offers to an in-store shopper.
How it works
mParticle’s Customer Data Platform (CDP) allows marketers to build targeted audiences:
- Unify data across the entire customer journey by collecting Events and User Attributes from Web, Mobile, OTT, and IoT Devices with our SDKs, APIs, and partner Feeds.
- Easily build a unified view of all user identities, behavior data, and various user attributes.
- Group customers based on your criteria to build audiences for the purpose of impactful user engagement and monetization scenarios.
- Send user attributes and audience data to Cordial with a pre-built integration that takes a few clicks to set up.
- Have granular control over consolidation or segmentation of customer data being sent to Cordial in compliance with GDPR and CCPA.
Cordial’s messaging platform allows marketers to increase user engagement by providing a simple way to:
- Create dynamic segments of contacts for messaging, searching contacts and filtering analytics reports.
- Create batch messages for one-time promotional distribution as well as automated messages for trigger-based sending.
- Personalize content for each contact that makes it possible to display products recently purchased or browsed, items currently in a cart, different languages, or even external content, such as blog articles or Instagram feeds.
- Build custom dashboards filled with charts, track audience populations over time, or download message performance reports.
Set up in mParticle
- Enable the Cordial integration in the mParticle Directory.
- Name your configuration and enter your Cordial credentials. Create a new API key for this integration.
- Create an audience within mParticle based on business-specific criteria. Refer to our audience setup documentation. As an example, you can create an audience of users that have installed your app in the past 10 days and have clicked on a promotion, but have not made a purchase.
4. Connect to your Cordial output to send membership updates via Cordial.
Once your data is connected, you can make use of the core capabilities and functionality within the Cordial platform, like creating curated messages or retargeting an audience segment. To create curated messages for an audience, segment users within mParticle on customer behavior—such as sign-ups from an email list, clicks, abandon cart events, or user attributes such as age or gender—then, configure a message in Cordial to be sent to those users to engage them. To retarget an audience segment for users that have not engaged with a campaign after a specified period of time, use mParticle to create the segments and with Cordial re-engage with users on a periodic basis as necessary.
The new Cordial integration is now available for all mParticle customers. If you’d like to learn more about how you can use Cordial and mParticle to personalize promotional, triggered, transactional, and lifecycle messages across your engagement channels, get in touch!
Latest from mParticle
Between two firms: Featuring Hull and mParticle, moderated by the CDP Institute
If you've ever wondered about CDPs and the role they play in both B2B and B2C industries, here is your chance to hear it straight from the source! Listen to Michael Katz (CEO and Co-founder of mParticle), Romain Dardour (CEO and Co-founder of Hull), and David Raab (Founder of the CDP Institute) discuss what CDPs are and how B2B and B2C CDPs differ.
How a CDP helps you secure your customer data
The trust between a customer and brand is the foundation of a strong customer relationship. Part of maintaining that trust is sound customer data management and security. Learn how a Customer Data Platform helps you secure your customer data pipeline so that you can build trust throughout the customer journey.
iOS 14, third-party cookies, and the future of data-driven marketing
This year, at its annual developer conference, a significant announcement that will have a wide-ranging impact on the future of mobile customer experience was sandwiched between the usual product announcements. The IDFA (the ID present on all Apple mobile devices and used across the martech and adtech industries) would now require explicit user permission to use. This change dramatically limits the usability of the IDFA as a form of universal identity that brands and vendors can use to power marketing, measurement, and everything in between.
Testing in production successfully with mParticle and Split
Testing in production allows you to release features with more efficiency and greater confidence, but doing it successfully requires good testing control and data management processes. Learn more about how you can get started and begin optimizing your test cycles.