How Bleacher Report automates their data pipeline
Learn how the team at Bleacher Report uses mParticle to automate their data pipeline, leading to better insight, reduced storage costs, and less engineering time spent on non-core development.
Streamline the process of getting data in and out of leading data warehouses, including Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure, and more. mParticle manages the provisioning, ETL, and standardization of data across disparate sources, so analytics teams can spend more time on data analysis and less on data engineering.
Bleacher Report was looking to gain more insight into their customer base and answer questions like: how people are using their app, how people find their app, and what features their users like and don’t like. But getting all of their customer data from iOS, Android, and mobile web loaded into their data warehouse would require their engineers to spend countless hours building a custom data pipeline.
With mParticle, the team at Bleacher Report was able to:
- Onboard all customer data from iOS, Android, mobile web, and their attribution providers to Redshift with mParticle handling the ETL hosting
- Stream real-time customer data to Redshift, while also sending data to Looker and their internal data warehouse
- Replay historical data from Redshift if there was a service outage
- Better insight: Redshift allowed Bleacher Report to run complex queries for advanced analytics
- Saved engineering hours: mParticle handled the ETL process and provided instant access to other leading BI and data warehouse services
- Reduce storage costs: mParticle de-dupes and cleanses data before it’s sent to Redshift, reducing the data volume and associated costs
Latest from mParticle
Future-proof your customer data strategy: Get ready for iOS 14 privacy updates
What are the 4 biggest challenges food and beverage brands are facing today?
Incorporating digital experiences in the food and beverage customer experience has become critical for success during the COVID-19 pandemic, and it will likely continue to be important in the future. Learn more about the biggest challenges brands are facing, and how some of the industry's leading innovators are adapting.
Improve mobile app performance with SDK testing and optimization
Implementing third-party SDKs in your mobile app allows Marketers and Product Managers to get data into the tools they love, but unstable third-party code can impact mobile performance and drain engineering resources. Learn how you can get high quality customer data to your team's favorite tools without having to manage excess third-party code.
Executive Panel: The Digital Future of Food & Beverage
Amidst the pandemic, the brick-and-mortar Food & Beverage industry has been forced to adapt and modernize quickly — adopting new technologies and refocusing priorities overnight. Learn how pioneers at industry-leading brands are building their digital experiences, and what they think the future will look like.