About this Policy
This Policy explains how personal information collected about our business customers on www.mparticle.com (“Site”) is used and disclosed by mParticle and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“mParticle or “We”).
mParticle complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. mParticle has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement (the "Principles"). To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
We collect information primarily to provide better services to all of our customers. We collect information you provide us on our Site such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, company name, credit card payment information and demographics. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site. Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as log in accounts, job applications, and page views).
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the Operating System running on your device, Internet Protocol address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use mParticle's product.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
mParticle does not respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across the Site when you visit the Site or use the mParticle service.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current products and to develop new ones. We use personal information collected through our Site as described in this Policy or on our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Improve our services, Site and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Services team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by mParticle and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
mParticle may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. By using our services you consent to this transfer of your personal information.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- With third parties who work on our behalf provided such third parties subscribe to the Principles, is subject to the European Union Directive on Data Protection or another adequacy finding, or enter into a written agreement with mParticle requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Principles;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process (provided that mParticle will endeavor to notify you if mParticle has received a lawful request for your information);
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding).
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information derived from your personal information.
Personal Information Security
We takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. It is your responsibility to protect your user names and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services. You should not use or reuse the same passwords you use with other accounts as your password for our services.
We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
If you are under 18, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may only use the mParticle website and mParticle Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
To customize our service for you, we and our partners may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used only to provide and improve our service.
mParticle retains your data while you are a customer and will delete your information within 12 months of either party's termination of the Terms, upon written request.
Access to your Personal Data
If you are a mParticle customer, you can sign into your account to see any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, email, address or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see this information. If you are a job applicant, you can contact us via e-mail to request to see this information.
All inquiries regarding privacy should be sent to email@example.com
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from mParticle by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your mParticle projects or our ongoing business relationship. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes and deletions to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing support@mParticle.com. mParticle will respond within ninety (90) days to any request to delete your information. Individuals who have provided information to mParticle's customers must send requests to change or delete such information to the particular mParticle customer.
Changes To This Policy
mParticle may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above. You agree that your continued use of our Services after such changes have been published to our Services will constitute your acceptance of such revised Policy.
Contacting mParticle and Dispute Resolution
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail: mParticle Inc., 381 Park Avenue South, Suite 815, New York, NY 10016
For complaints that cannot be resolved between mParticle and the individual concerned, mParticle has agreed to participate in the Better Business Bureau EU Safe Harbor independent dispute resolution program. Individuals who submit a complaint or concern to mParticle but who do not receive acknowledgement from us or who think the complaint or concern has not been satisfactorily addressed should then contact the Better Business Bureau to participate in its dispute resolution procedure.
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor 3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201 U.S.A.
In addition, the United States Federal Trade Commission is the statutory body that has jurisdiction to hear any claims against mParticle regarding possible unfair or deceptive practices and violations of laws or regulations governing privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us:
381 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016