Identify customers across your media properties
Accurately identify customers in key moments and deliver personalized, consistent experiences across the customer journey. Gain control over how customer identities and profile information is collected, merged, and translated across devices, systems, and teams.
A multinational media company was looking to centralize their identity management strategy to deepen customer insights and provide personalized experiences.
Their customer data was spread across a large portfolio of apps and various systems. In addition, their marketing services—such as Adobe—required vendor-specific IDs to target users. They quickly realized building an identity management strategy would require a complete overhaul of the way customer data was collected and would require extensive resources and time to build a custom solution for their business needs.
They also needed a solution that would comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act. Specifically, they needed to determine and automate how data would be collected and merged for anonymous users vs. logged-in users across screens, apps, and their vendor ecosystem.
With mParticle they were able to:
- Institute rules to determine how logged-in user behavior should be tracked vs. logged-out users, when a new user profile should be created and when it should be updated
- Provide the appropriate ID to marketing providers to engage the right user
- Append existing customer data to new user profiles
- Unify user profiles across multiple apps
- Increase in usage: With a unified view of a customer’s viewing history they were able to provide personalized content recommendations to keep viewers engaged as well as allowing customers to pick off where they left off across multiple devices
- Increase in paid subscriptions: They were able to leverage anonymous logged-out profile data to deliver personalized subscription promos and offers via push notifications and email to encourage free users to upgrade
- Deeper customer insights: They were able to track behavior across app, web, email, push, and web and join it for a unified view of the customer journey